Thursday 5 March 2015

70s number ones

I'm watching a programme about the best number ones of the 1970s which is reminding me quite what an epic decade the 70s was for music. We've had I Feel Love, Heart of Glass, Wuthering Heights, Bridge Over Troubled Water... These songs changed the sonic landscape of pop music like no songs have ever done since. People aren't really aware of how daring these songs were for their time, because they have been aped so many times since. The emotional intensity of Bridge Over Troubled Water is the stuff of legend. Personally speaking, it reminds me of my Mother, who used to sing it to me when I was a child.

Dancing Queen came second, predictably to Bohemian Rhapsody. Obviously I'd have loved ABBA to win, but I'm not sure you can argue with that particular result! Bo Rhap is the only song to have been number one in four separate years! What an astonishing factoid!

Today's been spent working ferociously; editing music and then speedily creating a last-minute pitch for a TV project, which I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed about.

I went to the gym. I'm still not entirely sure I'm 100% over the illness I had pretty much throughout February, but I guess if you can run 6 km without dying, you can't really be that poorly!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.