Friday 13 May 2011

Thursday 12th May

There seems to have been some kind of major mess up with blogger.com. This is yesterday's blog entry, which I was unable to publish last night. I DID publish something on Wednesday as well, but this seem to have gone walkies in the dark recesses of cyber space...

I can't write too much about today. We've all been sworn to secrecy. I've been doing a favour for my friend Matt, which might get me some work as an autocue operator on a new comedy show, so fingers crossed! I haven't run autocue for absolutely years and I was extremely rusty to begin with. It's a steep learning curve, however, and I soon found my rhythm. It was a fun day, and a very useful bit of work experience, although I'm knackered, having not seen any natural light for hours...

Sunday 12th May, 1661, and Elizabeth Pepys was extremely ill with cysts on her private parts. Eek. I'll leave you with Pepys' words on the matter. Too much detail alert...

"My wife had a troublesome night and was in great pain but in the morning her swelling broke, and she was in great ease... So I put in a vent (which Dr Williams sent me yesterday) into the hole to keep it open till all the matter be come out, so I question not that she will soon be well again." That's alright then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.