Tuesday 8 November 2011

Nellie takes her bow

I’ve spent the day very slowly working my way through an enormously long list of things to do. None of what I’m doing is particularly interesting, but it all needs to be done. I’ve created a mini list of things I need to do before I can settle down for the night, so this blog is going to be a short one...

I see that the pranny, Frankie Cocozza has been thrown off the X-Factor, for apparently “breaking the rules of the show.” I’m sure tomorrow’s red tops will be filled with sordid stories, but I’m just glad I don’t have to watch the berk strutting about any more. The very fact that I’m mentioning this extraordinarily dull occurance reminds me of quite how little I have to say today. I only hope that the show's producers will replace him with lovely little Jonnie, who was voted off on Saturday, much to my great chagrin, though God knows, I hardly bothered to vote.

The Roy Harper gig has received some lovely reviews in the press. A few of them said what wonderful musicians the band all were, but I can’t seem to find one of those for this blog, so you’ll have to make do with what the EveningStandard said.

Friday 8th November, 1661 found Pepys hanging out with Sir Edward Hyde, the Lord Chancellor. By all accounts the great man resembled a fish (my words, not Pepys’) but Pepys was just thrilled to be spoken to kindly by the great statesman and grandfather of two future monarchs.

Pepys spent the rest of the day dining, drinking copiously and searching for a clerk who would draw up yet another set of papers pertaining to Uncle Robert’s will. Dull dull dull.

Prannie

Ooh, I had a lovely piece of cod for tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.