Sunday 27 February 2011

When will we see the sun?

I'm feeling lousy. The cold has now taken hold! I'm snuffling and sneezing and have a terrible sore throat. 

The BBC was forecasting a lovely sunny day today, and Nathan and I decided to go for a walk on the Heath, which became lunch in Muswell Hill as soon as we stepped out of the house and saw the depressing rain sheeting down. 

I went to the gym this afternoon and pushed through the misery of the cold, but as the evening falls I'm beginning to regret having gone, as it's completely wiped me out!

I've come to brother Edward's to watch Dancing on Ice, whilst eating wraps. It's a particularly  relaxing thing to do on a Sunday night and we took advantage of a few hours of dry weather before the show started, by going for a walk around Canary Wharf, which is eerily quiet on a Sunday afternoon. 

February 27th, 1661, and Pepys observed the first day of lent with a lunch of fish. This year, he'd decided to go without meat for all 40 days. It'll be interesting to see how  this card carrying carnivore manages! In fairness, Pepys himself didn't seem to be particularly convinced  he'd be able to manage! Still, the thought was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.