Thursday 23 June 2011

Gay Mis

It's been an incredibly busy day. I was in the cafe by about 9.30 this morning and have been writing, writing, writing. An amusing incident was triggered by my going for a quick wee. By the time I'd returned, the lady opposite had taken it upon herself to hand the jacket I'd left on the back of my chair to the cafe staff to put in their lost property bin! A tad previous!

I had a meeting after lunch in High Barnet. What a funny place. I got picked up at the station and was immediately driven into the deepest, darkest countryside to a barn filled with every conceivable percussion instrument. If I had any form of hand-eye coordination, it would have been the most exciting experience in the world. We had lunch in a pub whilst discussing ideas for corporate music projects. 

In the meantime, I had to deal with a string of unpleasant email messages regarding a paragraph in yesterday's blog, which I've subsequently removed. This is only the second time I've been asked to remove a passage from the blog. It's rather thrilling to know it's being so widely read! 

I'm off to watch Matt in Les Miserables. He's playing Thernadier, is living the dream, and I can't wait to see how he gets on. I'm also excited to see Alf playing Jean Valjean. He has one of my favourite voices in the world AND he makes the best roast dinners! I'm told, but am not at all surprised, that the show is now completely sold out for the next three months. 

After the show, I have a date with Philip Sallon, who is going to take me on a tour of underground Soho. We're hoping to make a musical film about the district, which I think could be about as exciting as it gets! 

350 years ago, Pepys was gassing his way about town. It was a Sunday. There was church. There was church again. Elizabeth was ill. There were walks in Lincoln's Inn fields to ogle the ladies. The day ended in the village of Islington of all places, with more drinks. 

Les Mis was astonishing. The cast truly breathed new life into the show. Matt was astonishingly funny, but biggest hats off to Alfie. I actually held my breath when he sang "Bring Him Home." A standing ovation mid show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.