Thursday 19 December 2013

My thoughts go out

I finished the third draft of Brass this morning and, as a celebration, printed out a couple of copies for Sara and Jeremy at NYMT. I believe there's one more draft in it before we take it to workshop, but in the meantime, it's music, music, music...

I treated myself to poached eggs and mushrooms on toast at the local greasy spoon, and then ventured into town to do some (what I would laughably call) last-minute Christmas shopping (if I'd actually done some first-minute shopping!)

I took a rather long work-related telephone call in Paperchase on Tottenham Court Road, and realised, a little too late, that transferring all the weight of my shopping onto my right arm, whilst holding the phone with my left, was a disastrous decision. I have obviously pulled something, or put too much pressure on a ligament, because I am now in agony whenever I do anything with my right arm! Boo!

I had my hair cut in record time, came home and took myself off to the doctor to see if he could shed any light on this silly cold of mine which is coming and going like a lonely relative. He doesn't seem to think there's anything to worry about, which is good enough for me for the time being. I know I've been stressed, and furthermore know that stress manifests itself in me in a series of very peculiar symptoms. He's put me on medication for acid reflux, which sounds eccentric, but might not be too far off the mark.

I ran down to Crouch End to deliver the script to Sara, and then ran back up Shepherd's Hill, which nearly killed me. North Londoners will known that this particular road goes on forever at a fairly punishing one-in-ten gradient. Still, I feel extra specially fit as a result. Now that I'm about a stone lighter there's a great deal less of me to lug about when I jog! Target: to turn 40 as fit as I've ever been...

Just as I come to post this blog I hear the awful news that part of the roof of the Apollo theatre has collapsed, which is just terrible. It's obviously too early to work out what has happened, but my thoughts very much go out to those who have been effected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.