Saturday 24 August 2013

Kitchen hell

We've been cleaning the kitchen all day today. Literally. All day. 10 hours of polishing, washing, scrubbing, re-potting, de-greasing, and hoovering. We've hated every minute.

To celebrate a job well done, we decided to bake a cake, or more specifically, a cake and a little tray of biscuits. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the baking tin, so our beautiful biscuits are now covered with a layer of chocolate cake which has dripped down on them from above. 

I'm hoping the combination of cake and biscuit will be an amazing taste sensation, but I'm not holding my breath. I think we're probably looking at a major cake-astrophe!

To make matters a little more exciting, we returned to the sitting room to find an enormous amount of water pouring through the ceiling. It's been raining all day, and I think the roof has given up the ghost. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole lot caved in in the night. So that's soggy cake, biscuits and roof! A triple whammy! Don't you just hate English summers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.