Thursday 10 July 2014

Burned

It's been one of those days where I've worked so hard I burned every piece of food I tried to cook! I've had burnt quiche, burnt potatoes and burnt broccoli... The house smells like November 5th... And slightly like old drains. I must have a word with my land lord about that...

Today I've been orchestrating a monster track called Letters which features solos from every member of the cast all of which ebb and flow like waves crashing onto a wintry beach. I'm all about the metaphors tonight aren't I? I think I must be trying to pad this blog out in the absence of anything interesting having happened to me today. I got up at 8.30am and worked solidly till 11.30pm.

My only sojourn from the kitchen table was a visit to the gym where I ran six kilometres in thirty minutes before walking up the more direct Highgate West Hill on the way back home. I'm definitely a great deal fitter than I was about a month ago.

The weather gave me a little spring in my step. It's been absolutely beautiful today. Lovely warm sunshine and a pleasing breeze, which made the trees outside the kitchen window susurrate like they were whispering secrets to one another. It made a rather pleasing accompaniment to the writing I was doing; a sort of un-pitched ostinato.

I genuinely can't think of anything else to write about today. We've got a new cast member for Brass, a young, hugely talented chap called Jack (who's replacing another person called Jack who had to leave Brass to do another show.) Jack-mark-two actually auditioned for us the first time round but we were forced to give him up to another NYMT show who needed him in their team even more. Anyway, to cut a long story short, we've found a way of sharing him with The Ragged Child production and so he's officially now part of the Brass team. A host of my existing cast members have already welcomed him to the fold, which I think is great. I do like my cast. They're a hugely friendly bunch of young people... And all slightly eccentric, which I find very pleasing.

Right, my eyes are stinging, which surely means it's bed time. Sleep well everyone. (Although I'm told most people read this blog over breakfast...) So, um, happy Cornflaking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.