Sunday 20 July 2014

What storm?

We're in a car heading to Highgate from Catford. I'm very tired and am suffering from neuralgia across my face: a sure sign that I'm exhausted. That said, but for waking up a couple of times in the night as a result of heavy rain outside, I slept like a baby, and, for the first time in weeks, woke up naturally. Glorious.

I finished the last but one of my orchestrations at Julie's house this evening. It comes to something when a day with friends turns into a day working whilst your friends chat around you! Still, just one more orchestration to complete and then I've finally done the prep on Brass!

It was craft and cake today, and, despite the most miserable of weather forecasts, we were able to sit quite happily in the garden. The forecast was so bad that a percentage of planes leaving Heathrow were actually cancelled. I'm not altogether sure why the Met office can't seem to predict weather these days, but it strikes me that if planes are being diverted or cancelled in response to weather forecasts, then they jolly well out to be a bit more accurate!

As it happened, the sun shone brightly in Highgate all day, and the sky was a deep shade of blue. On our way to Julie's, we stopped off in Muswell Hill, and the place felt like Italy with semi-clad people in flip-flops wondering about, all asking the same question; "when's this storm coming?" We were told to expect the worst between 4 and 6pm, but that seemed to be when the sun was at its hottest!

My mother texted to ask whether I was okay, having mistakenly thought I was in Coventry today. Coventry was apparently the place where all the storms ended up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.