Thursday 17 July 2014

Like an old dish cloth

I went into town today for a meeting with a potential agent, and found myself afterwards at a Pret a Manger somewhere between Leicester Square and Covent Garden. I thought it might be a good place to sit and work quietly for a bit, but I have never encountered such a dreadful acoustic. It was actually less noisy outside on the street. All I could hear was the sound of tinny music echoing about the place and the roar of people shouting at one another. The background noise was so unsettlingly loud, in fact, that I couldn't hear the music I was listening to on my headphones. Mega stressful!

I have had a pretty stressful day all told. The two numbers I've left myself to write on Brass are hugely complicated and were in a far less advanced state than I'd hoped. So, aside from the couple of hours I spent in town, I did nothing but sit at the kitchen table writing...

And unfortunately I have nothing to show for my efforts because I was unable to finish in time to send either one of the two songs off.

One of the pieces is the very last song in the show. You would not believe how difficult it is to actually end a musical you've been gestating for over a year. I know how it ends dramatically, lyrically and tonally. I just can't seem to find the right musical accompaniment. It doesn't help that I'm absolutely knackered. There is not one jot of creativity left in my body at the moment... I'm an empty husk with hundreds of glands up on my neck.

I wonder if it might be possible to sleep for a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.