Sunday 24 March 2013

Snow way!

I spent the day today trying to avoid Arctic winds and driving snow. Every time I woke up this morning, I could see the snow piling higher and higher on the roof outside. 

I stayed indoors with the heating on, and only left the house to buy a tin of tomato soup!

This afternoon I went to see Jem and Ian in Friern Barnet, about ten minutes up the road from me. I was horrified to find the car under half a foot of snow - so heavy on the windscreen that the wipers wouldn't work until I'd removed huge handfuls of the stuff.

The journey to Barnet took about 45 minutes. I crawled through Muswell Hill at an average speed of 6 miles per hour and traffic was at a stand still on Colney Hatch Lane. 

Seeing Ian and Jem was worth the road chaos, however. Jem had cooked a delicious quiche and both were full of the joys of Spring. I was slightly concerned to be reminded that I'd borrowed a DVD from Jem a year ago that I had no concept of borrowing. I didn't even remember the conversation we'd had about said DVD. Is this my first senior moment, I wonder?
 
poor car!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.