Thursday 28 March 2013

Tired eyes

It's been another day of writing music, another day spent staring at manuscript paper with my tired eyes itching. I now have the barebones of four songs for the White City project, which is not bad going, I suppose. 

I'm not sure I have a great deal more to write about. I went to the gym and skipped about whilst the pumped-up steroid-popping regulars grunted and gasped in the free-weights room.   When the same men gather in the steam room after their work-outs, all they seem to be able to talk about is drinking beer and watching sport. There's nothing like a stereotype! Do straight blokes genuinely like these kind of discussions, or do they have them simply because they feel they OUGHT to? 
  
The pennies continue to roll into the Four Colours charity recording pot. It's more of a trickle than a roll, especially when I compare our pathetic search for £1000 against the marvellous Bitter Ruin, who reached their enormous target of £20k for their next album in just 15 hours. Amazing for them and much deserved, but it just goes to show how little known The Rebel Chorus is in the big wide world. I wish I were the sort of person who knew how to schmooze! Maybe I should plan some notorious political crime and get myself sent to prison for a few years. That's enough time to write a pretty decent symphony, I reckon.  

If anyone reading this blog suddenly thinks, "oh, I was meaning to sling that lovely charity  project a crafty fiver", it's still not too late. 

http://wefund.com/project/four-colours/p57229

Or just go to www.wefund.com and search for Four Colours; the name of the EP we're recording. 

We've got about three hundred pounds left to raise, so we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.