Sunday 11 November 2012

Darling Claudia

I've been at Craft and Cake all day today. I stuck photos into an album, whilst around me people made leg warmers, a cardigan, socks, some beautiful fingerless gloves and a knitted penguin! 

We sat in Julie's sitting room, drinking tea, watching telly and eating an astonishing amount of cake, which has entirely destroyed the good work I did in the gym yesterday when I skipped, jumped and twinkled about like a proper twit. 

We've just finished watching Strictly Come Dancing. I'm very sad that Fern had to leave and also increasingly aware that every dress that presenter Tess choses to wear has something just slightly wrong with it; it's either a funny length, or there's an odd waist band, or a weird little frilly, or ruched attachment... This is a woman who does a fashion column in a national newspaper and really ought to know better. I think part of her problem is posture. She's a beautiful, tall creature, but she doesn't seem to know how to stand like a lady. 

Claudia Winkleman stood in for Bruce Forsythe and in the process made me aware quite how few opportunities we get to see a female duo presenting on prime time telly. It really works. I'm getting so tired of the combination of an old man standing there with a glamour puss half his age. 

Harry and Paul on BBC2 tonight featured a 30-second song that I'd written for them. It was composed as a sort of 1950s Cambridge Footlights-style Review. Blink and you'd have missed it, but it was great fun to watch... and they did it well. 


1 comment:

  1. I saw your name at the end! Forgotten you'd done that. Great stuff Benj. Ellie x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.