Tuesday 9 April 2013

Exhausted

I'm properly cream crackered!. There's been much to do and I've steadily and bravely worked my way through the longest list in the world. 

I've been writing strings for a very nostalgic song in the White City series, and have thrown caution to the wind, allowing myself to write subtle dissonance and opening the door to experimentation and serendipity, which can sometimes be a wonderful thing. 

Nathan went off to his knitting night this evening, and instead of putting my feet up, I worked until he came home again, finessing the opening sequence of the film, which is this weird Bach/ rock fusion. It's coming together very nicely, although I couldn't find an end to the piece for love or money.

Meriel has just arrived and is staying the night with us after another London course with Gateway Women, which is the organisation for women who can't have children. We're catching up on news. Her dog, Berry, has just been adopted by new parents, and she's looking for a job and a lodger, so if anyone is looking for a room in Lewes, drop me a line.

Fiona emailed from a sunny Texas, where they're expecting enormous thunder storms. The weather here is less impressive, in fact it's rather grey and overcast, which is disappointing after such a beautiful weekend. 

I'm sorry. I'm boring myself. I promise that there will be more to say tomorrow. I have my first day of recording on the Pepys Motet tomorrow night. Exciting but scary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.