Monday 1 April 2013

Solar flares

I'm at Julie and Sam's house in Catford doing very little, really. Julie and I have been going over music for the recording sessions we've got coming up over the next month and we're catching up on general news.

I'm in slight denial about how much work I've got to do from now until the end of June. I always knew that the start of April would mark my getting onto a merry-go-round which could end up spinning so fast that I turn into a gibbering wreckage. Now that the ride's arrived, I guess I just have to take a deep breath and jump on! 

This evening we've had a lovely stir fry, a heap of éclairs (Juli'eclairs), copious cups of tea and two crumpets.  Nathan and Julie are knitting and we're sitting under blankets watching a terrible disaster movie about solar flares. What else is a bank holiday Monday for? 

What I really want is a plate of grilled halloumi, but you don't get many Greek shops in the South East of London. I should probably think about going to bed at some point as well. 

I woke up this morning to discover that someone had donated £200 to the Four Colours fund, which takes us to within £65 of our initial target. At first I thought it was an April Fool, but the money still seems to be there, which makes me very excited. 

Our second target is to raise £500 at our music quiz on April 27th, which feels a little optimistic based on the rather small numbers of people who have so far confirmed that they're coming, but I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed. We'll have great fun whatever happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.